Viral Video Shows Man Swallowed Whole by Malfunctioning Escalator

"This is the scariest thing I have ever seen."

Credit: Oddly Terrifying Things/Twitter

A spine-chilling video of a man being devoured by an escalator in an underground station is spreading like wildfire on the internet, leaving many in shock and horror.

As reported by BBC, the incident occurred at the Ayazaga Metro station in Istanbul, Turkey in February 2018, where CCTV footage captures the terrifying moment when a commuter steps onto the escalator and suddenly finds himself clinging for dear life to the handrail, as a massive hole appears beneath his feet, ultimately swallowing him whole.

The victim, identified as Mehmet Ali Erik, was trapped for an hour within the escalator's deadly mechanics as horrified onlookers frantically tried to rescue him, but to no avail.

He was eventually saved by firefighters, who pulled him from the jaws of the malfunctioning escalator, and rushed him to the hospital for medical treatment.


According to Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IBB), the escalator had been marked with a warning notice, yet, the footage shows many individuals still using it despite the obvious danger.

Twitter users were quick to react to the video, with one user stating, "This is the scariest thing I have ever seen," while another commented, "Escalator failure is a bit of an understatement."

This incident serves as a chilling reminder to always exercise caution when using escalators, and to never take safety for granted. From now on, it's safer to take the stairs.











What is your opinion on this post? Share it in the comments section!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post